Congratulations on deciding to take your next steps with the Lilly Grove Church family!
At Lilly Grove, we want to make it comfortable for you to take your next step including finding a comfortable church home where you and your family can belong and grow in the Word of God with his people.
Learn more by selecting any of the buttons below:
After making a public confession to a membership official that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior and committing to follow Him in faith for life, your journey begins with your submission to the act of baptism. Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer's death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to his her faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is a prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord's Supper.
Another step in your journey is to attend Lilly Grove's Orientation Class. Each adult new member will attend two weeks of New Member Orientation which helps with the following:
- Assist new members understand Lilly Grove Missionary Baptist Church's Mission
- Sets aside time to understand the various church’s ministries
- Translates our beliefs on discipleship
- Breaks down the basics of the church’s traditions
- Provides an opportunity to meet other new members
- Allows new members to become familiar with Lilly Grove's facilities
Following New Member 2-Week Orientation Classes, you will attend follow up classes to assist you in discovering your purpose at Lilly Grove. Those additional steps are listed below:
- To help new members move from simply attending to belonging, while assembling new members into ministries of the church by introducing biblical and foundational beliefs of our church
- Help guide you into developing a deeper spiritual maturity, as well as to intorduce the foundational principles of THE BAPTIST DOCTRINE
What Is The Deacon Family Ministry Plan?
It is a plan through which the Deacons of Lilly Grove join the Pastor in ministering to the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of each church member and family. Church families are divided into groups of twenty or more families. Each group of families is then assigned to a Deacon who will minister to them over a period of time.
A part of each Deacon Family Ministry meeting is spent praying about specific needs of families and in rejoicing over needs met and victories won. Deacons meet monthly to evaluate the Deacon Family Ministry plan, plan actions to improve it, and provide regular training opportunities for Deacons to develop their skills in ministering to the family needs.
The Deacon Family Ministry plan serves as a ministering example for the entire congregation. As Deacons minister to families in the church, it helps and encourages other members to do the same.